Want up to $1,000 for your classroom?
The Biddeford Education Foundation has allocated $5,000 for teacher mini-grant applications (up to $1,000 each) thanks to successful fundraisers like Pillars of Pride and private donations. Teacher mini-grants are awarded to augment teaching, encourage academic excellence, and maximize opportunities for students K-12. Grant applications are accepted on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. Grants awarded are intended to benefit students and spent within the current school year.
The application is simple and will take as little as 20 minutes to apply:
Guidelines for successful applications:
- State clearly what is being done and how it benefits the students and learning process.
- Think outside the box! Involve a hands-on project with student participation.
- Involve creative problem-solving, critical thinking, teamwork and leadership.
- Grants are open to all subject areas, including the arts.
- A clear budget should be included.
- Funds can be used for materials, visiting experts, or other resources that directly impact students. Any reusable materials purchased with BEF funding becomes the property of the Biddeford School Department.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in the proposed project and collaboration is encouraged.
- One application per teacher, per cycle.
What does not qualify for funding?
- Food or parties
- Stand-alone transportation costs (i.e., if not an integral part of a broader project)
- Professional training or development for teachers
- Projects already funded–or able to be funded–by the school’s operating budget
- Projects that take an extended period to complete
- Any past awardee who has not submitted an end-of-grant report (required).
Grant recipients are required to submit a grant report out upon completion of the project; therefore, be sure to review the report out questions prior to submitting an application. The Foundation also requests grant recipients be willing to present their results to the Foundation Board and School Committee.
Take note: It is a requirement to notify parents about the foundation and how they supported this project, as well as seek other avenues to share with the community if feasible. Grant recipients are asked to include the following information in their notifications, “This project is made possible through a grant from the Biddeford Education Foundation. To learn more about the Foundation or provide support, visit biddefordschools.me and click on the Alumni and Giving tab.”
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Foundation President Karen Chasse at 207-391-6885 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org