Individuals who wish to apply for a position for which a vacancy exists should:
- Submit a letter of intent (be sure to specify the position for which you are applying in the first paragraph of your letter).
- Enclose a current résumé (please check the accuracy of your address and telephone number(s) to be sure that this information is current).
- Enclose photocopies of transcripts of all college/university course work (official transcripts will be required of those who are ultimately employed).
- Enclose the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references (we will contact references of candidates under serious consideration and usually following an interview).
- Enclose a photocopy of your current state certification or license.
(If you have applied for certification but have not yet received it, be sure to state this in your letter of intent.)
- Complete and sign an application for employment. Click here to download. (pdf) – Please note you can download this document as a fill-able pdf form.
Application materials and inquiries should be directed to:
Biddeford School Department
18 Maplewood Ave.
Biddeford, ME 04005
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All application materials become the property of the Biddeford School Department and will not be returned. Consistent with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), application materials will not be shared with other agencies, organizations, or individuals without the expressed, written permission of the applicant.
The Biddeford School Department is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the operation of its educational and employment policies and will honor all appropriate laws relative to discrimination.