The Biddeford & Dayton School Departments will use this page to keep families informed of developments related to COVID-19 and how our schools are responding.
COVID Self-Screening Assessments:
Most Recent Updates:
Superintendent’s Update: 11/20/2020
Calendar Change for Nov. 30-Dec. 4 – READ CAREFULLY: 11/6/2020
Maine CDC PreK-12 Procedures for COVID Cases (Highlighted for Parents)
Parent FAQ’s (Updated 9/1/2020)
Parent Back-to-Digital-School Technology Bootcamp: Seesaw 101 & Google Classroom 101
Student Return to School Guidelines: Biddeford & Dayton
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Instructions
COVID-19 in Newly Settled Refugee Populations
Keeping Families and Children Safe During COVID-19 (multiple languages)
Previous Communications Home:
- Superintendent’s Update: 10/30/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 10/16/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 10/2/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 9/25/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 9/18/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 9/11/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 9/4/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 8/28/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 8/21/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 8/12/2020
- Superintentent’s Update: Biddeford & Dayton(8/7/2020)
- Superintendent’s Update (State Red, Yellow, Green Designation): 7/31/2020
- Superintendent’s Update: 7/29/2020
- School Committee Presentation: Student Handbook Highlights/Survey Results (7.28.2020)
- Biddeford’s Emergency Remote Instruction Survey Results (7.14.2020)
- Superintendent’s Update: 6/12/2020 (12:00 PM)
- Biddeford’s Return to School Survey Results (6.9.2020)
- Superintendent’s Update: 6/5/2020 (12:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 5/29/2020 (12:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 5/22/2020 (12:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 5/15/20 (12:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 5/8/2020 (12:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 5/1/2020 (12:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 4/17/2020 (12:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 4/10/2020 (2:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 4/3/2020 (3:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 3/27/2020 (3:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 3/20/2020 (2:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 3/17/2020 (2:30 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 3/16/2020 (3:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 3/15/2020 (9:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 3/14/2020 (8:00 PM)
- Superintendent’s Update: 3/13/2020 (4:30 PM)
- Athletic Update: 3/13/2020 (3:00 PM)
- Upcoming After School Events – COVID-19 Announcements: 3/12/20
- Events Postponed, School Remains Open: 3/12/20 (2:30 PM)
- Field Trip Opt-Out: Sent on 3/12/20 (10:30 AM)
- Reporting Student Absences: Sent on 3/9/20
- Initial Precautions around COVID-19: Sent on 3/2/20
- Links to Biddeford School Department Social Media Outlets
Distance Learning Information:
The Biddeford and Dayton School Departments realize our families and staff have many questions about COVID-19, more widely known as Coronavirus. The Maine Department of Education (DOE) and Maine CDC are working in close collaboration to monitor the state’s health climate, provide up-to-date information, and advise on all matters ranging from building cleanliness to school closures. We encourage parents to avoid social media hysterics and turn to authoritative sources like the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 page, or Maine DOE’s excellent resource page.
- Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day
- Biddeford Covid-19 Provider Modifications to Services and Alternatives to in-Person Services (Food, Transportation, etc.)
- For immigrants and new Citizens: US Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices closed.
- Coping with Stress during an Infectious Disease Outbreak (via WHO)
- COVID-19 Fact Sheets: Arabic, French, Kinyarwanda, Lingala, Portuguese, Somali, Swahili
- Immigrant Eligibility For Financial Help under the CARES ACT
- Advice on how to talk with your kids about COVID-19 from Dr. Bordeau, D.O.
- Maine Department of Education COVID-19 page www.maine.gov/doe/covid-19
- Maine Centers for Disease Control page for updates and FAQ’s www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus.shtml
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 page https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Check Travel Advisories if considering travel.
- For Families of Non-native Speakers of English
- Maine’s 2-1-1 Phone System now has COVID-19 info
- Safety Data Sheet related to COVID
What you can do to help?
- Avoid close contact.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick.
If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose.
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick. Flu and other serious respiratory illnesses are spread by cough, sneezing, or unclean hands.
- Clean your hands.
Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub. We have installed hand sanitizing stations around our schools.
- Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives
- Tips on hand washing and using alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Hand washing resources from the It’s A SNAP program, aimed at preventing school absenteeism by promoting clean hands. From the School Network for Absenteeism Prevention, a collaborative project of the CDC, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the American Cleaning Institute.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
Additional Health Information may be found on each school’s nurse/health page: